Captiva Island Beaches
Regularly listed among the top Florida beaches, Captiva beaches run the entire 5-mile length of the island. Lapped by gentle, sea foam green Gulf of Mexico waves, these are the best beaches to de-stress and be lulled into a quiet state of utter repose.
Experts rate Captiva beaches as the most romantic in the nation, thanks to its head-on views of glorious sunsets and long unbroken stretches for strolling hand-in-hand.
PROHIBITED on all of these beaches:
- Launching of motorized vessels
- Alcoholic beverages
- Open fires
- Collect of live shells
- NO pets allow
Blind pass beach is located in the pass between Sanibel & Captiva Islands, popular beach for shellers, fishermen, surfers for its waves (when there are waves) and sunset lovers.
- Parking on both sides (Sanibel & Captiva) of Blind Pass Bridge, $2,00 per hour (cash & credit cards accepted)
- Free handicap parking, 1 space on Captiva and 1 space on Sanibel
- Restrooms and outdoor shower on Captiva Side
Alison Hagerup Beach Park
The best place to watch the Florida sunsets, located at the end of Captiva Drive. There are not restroom amenities here; the main entrance to the beach is surrounded by restaurants and water sports rentals.
- Paid parking available $2, 00 per hour. (Cash & credit cards are accepted) The parking is very limited,
- Free handicap parking available